Severe Weather Claims Information and Resources
As hurricane season continues, we take this opportunity to remind WGA clients that we are available to provide claims assistance in the event of a loss or catastrophic event affecting your home or business, and to give you information on recovery efforts. Immediate action can be taken to help prepare you for the insurance claims process and it is imperative that you take the following steps prior to the storm and during the claims process:
- Take pictures – Take thorough pictures of your property, inventory, roof, and all building renovations.
- Back-up business critical information – Your database and records are key to your business. Make full copies and keep the copies off-site. These records are essential to documenting your claim.
- Have a response team in place – Put a claim management team together prior to the loss. Only an individual who is knowledgeable in insurance should handle interactions with your carrier.
- Protect your property from further damage – It’s your responsibility to perform emergency work such as putting up tarps, pulling wet drywall and carpet to prevent mold, and boarding up openings and protective fencing to protect your belongings and keep others from getting hurt.
- Document the damage and all your post-loss activity – Take post loss pictures or video and retain all receipts of all actions.
Time is often an issue with the claims process, therefore we encourage you to contact us sooner rather than later. Feel free to contact your WGA Claims Consultant with any questions that you may have.
If you have a claim to report click here.
For more information on personal lines claims for your home and auto, please contact WGA’s Private Client Group or click here for contact information.
Click here for the WGA Hurricane Preparedness Bulletin.
Links to Helpful Resources
844-320-4499 is WGA’s designated toll free number with ServPro, providing assistance to minimize business interruption
Emergency Wind Checklist from FM Global
Protecting Your Facility Against Windstorm from FM Global
Preparing for Flood Potential from FM Global
Emergency Flood Checklist from FM Global
Hurricane Preparedness Bulletin from Chubb
Flood Checklist from Lexington
Windstorm Checklist from Lexington
Emergency Action Plan Bulletin from Zurich