WGA has been advising companies with complex risks on risk avoidance, risk reduction and risk transfer for over 20 years. With all the risks associated with developing nutraceutical products, your company can benefit from working with a knowledgeable and experienced broker who can help you manage these risks.
There are many insurance policies available in the marketplace. Listed here are just some coverages that may be of interest to your company.
- Products Liability: Covers third party liability claims against your company for bodily injury or property damage as a consequence of some alleged defect in the product you manufactured or sold.
- Clinical Trials Liability: Covers third party liability claims against your company for bodily injury arising from your product supplied for use in a human clinical study or for certain incidental liabilities as a sponsor arising from the study itself.
- General Liability: Covers you for third-party claims alleging a wide range of liability exposures including bodily injury, property damage, personal injury and advertising injury.
- Director’s & Officer’s Liability: Covers your costs for defending and settling third party liability claims against your company and its directors/officers alleging mismanagement of the company.
- Employment Practices Liability: Responds to claims arising from wrongful acts in the workplace. The most frequent types of claims alleged under such policies include: wrongful termination, discrimination and sexual harassment.
- Intellectual Property Liability: Provides coverage for third party claims, including defense and indemnity costs, in cases where it is alleged that you have infringed upon a third party’s intellectual property, which can include patents, copyrights, trademarks, titles, trades, dress, slogans, service marks or service name. Offensive coverage is also available which would provide funds to you so that you may pursue alleged infringers of your product/process.
- Product Recall: Covers you for the expenses associated with the recall of a product or component, such as communication, disposal and reverse transportation costs.
- Internet Liability: Covers your company for third party liability claims alleging financial loss or bodily injury/property damage resulting from your Internet operations.
- Cyber / Network Damage: Covers your company’s own financial loss for the cost to recreate data, clean up your computer networks and websites including lost income and extra expense due to various, fortuitous electronic commerce interruptions, including hacking, viruses and a breach of security.
- Stock Throughput: Covers your loss for direct physical damage to your own product, at any stage of development, at scheduled, controlled and non-controlled locations and in transit.
The coverages previously listed are not all-inclusive. For additional information about these coverages or other insurance or risk-management related needs, please contact a WGA representative.
For additional information about our Nutraceuticals Practice or other insurance needs, please email WGA at info@WGAins.com, call us at 888-261-8884, or click here to tell us more about your specific needs.